Friday, February 13, 2009

California Dreamin

In a few short hours, I will be embarking on a 1,600 mile journey from the midwest to the west coast. Leaving Chicago yesterday was very interesting.  The last week had been a curious one.  I met some fun people, did some fun things, saw Slumdog Millionaire (which was phenomenal, I highly recommend it), caught up with old friends, said goodbyes, visited my old school, heard the car alarm on my street for the last time, lost my driver's license in a cab (not good when you're about to drive a couple thousand miles), found someone to live in my apartment, finally went to the Western Round-Up, stepped in dog poo, neglected to see people that I wanted to see, packed all my belongings, strategically packed them all into my car (it was pretty amazing actually, I would say my second most notable packing feat of my lifetime), and shed many tears.  I am sad to be leaving Chicago.  I learned many things there, had many life changing experiences there and leave Chicago a different person than I arrived.  I think it was my time to go.  I am going to miss my roommates and my friends a lot, but I think I make the right decision to leave. It wasn't easy to go, but I know I will be back. I will always love Chicago.  

So I'm westward bound.  My brother is driving with me, for which I am so grateful.  I enjoy driving, and I enjoy driving by myself, but I think 24 hours of it may have been a little too much me time.  Until next time...keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment